Well.....I guess we'll attempt to update this quite often and it can be a place to post pictures and our daily/weekly adventures in Japan!! Colby has even agreed to put his input in it as well!!
Things are going great for us so far.....
Last night was Halloween and we had to rush and find costumes....leave it to my husband to think of something quick and easy on the fly! I'll post some pictures! I was trying to get out of it, but he would not let that happen! Trick or treating started in our neighborhood at 6pm and we ran out of 4 bags of candy in about 15 minutes! Needless to say we live around quite a few children- plus they allow Japanese children on base for Halloween. Our friends finally showed up 40mins late with our backpacks (part of our costume). We walked to a bar on base, had a few drinks, then went to a haunted house the corpsmen put together-pretty well done! Then went to a party at Jackie and Werner's house (these are the folks who kept Chili for 2 weeks) I wish everyone could have seen the decorations in their house.....I took pictures, but I'm not sure they do it justice.
Tonight we are going on a "Spooky Sights" tour on the island. The island is supposedly very haunted....this should be interesting as well!
Other than Halloween weekend, we found out on Friday that our household goods (includes our furniture, bikes, toaster, hamper, garbage can, much much more) has NOT left San Diego. For some reason they "forgot" to ship it! I was/am NOT excited about this! Colby is a little more "relaxed" when it comes to this situation. Our estimated delivery date is DECEMBER 28TH!! Can't wait to unpack boxes on my Birthday!!!!!!!
As for me starting work................just waiting........They say it'll will be about another 8 weeks before I can expect to be actually working. Not cool for someone who "likes" to make her own money!
OK ... So I'll cut this short so that I can have some things to talk about later!
Love and Miss everyone so much!
Until Next time,
Maggie
Things are going great for us so far.....
Last night was Halloween and we had to rush and find costumes....leave it to my husband to think of something quick and easy on the fly! I'll post some pictures! I was trying to get out of it, but he would not let that happen! Trick or treating started in our neighborhood at 6pm and we ran out of 4 bags of candy in about 15 minutes! Needless to say we live around quite a few children- plus they allow Japanese children on base for Halloween. Our friends finally showed up 40mins late with our backpacks (part of our costume). We walked to a bar on base, had a few drinks, then went to a haunted house the corpsmen put together-pretty well done! Then went to a party at Jackie and Werner's house (these are the folks who kept Chili for 2 weeks) I wish everyone could have seen the decorations in their house.....I took pictures, but I'm not sure they do it justice.
Tonight we are going on a "Spooky Sights" tour on the island. The island is supposedly very haunted....this should be interesting as well!
Other than Halloween weekend, we found out on Friday that our household goods (includes our furniture, bikes, toaster, hamper, garbage can, much much more) has NOT left San Diego. For some reason they "forgot" to ship it! I was/am NOT excited about this! Colby is a little more "relaxed" when it comes to this situation. Our estimated delivery date is DECEMBER 28TH!! Can't wait to unpack boxes on my Birthday!!!!!!!
As for me starting work................just waiting........They say it'll will be about another 8 weeks before I can expect to be actually working. Not cool for someone who "likes" to make her own money!
OK ... So I'll cut this short so that I can have some things to talk about later!
Love and Miss everyone so much!
Until Next time,
Maggie
No comments:
Post a Comment