I'm really anxious to blog about our trip home for the holidays, so I figured I need to finish posting pics and commentary from our cruise.
I do believe Hong Kong (when asked) was my favorite stop of the cruise. Well it is the place we'd like to return some time before we leave Okinawa. Partly because we didn't feel like we had enough time there and partly because there is no purchase of a visa required and I do believe there is a non-stop flight there from Okinawa as well.

I do not think these pictures of the night we sailed away through the harbor do it any justice, but I've posted a couple so you all can see what we did. Supposedly, it is a privilege to sail through the harbor at night. According the captain of our ship, he had to get special permission. It was such a beautiful sight with all the buildings lit up at night. There is a fireworks/laser show at night be we were gone before it started.

Some of the buildings lit up.........as said....hard to see really well.

Colby at the top of Victoria Peak. We were able to ride the tram down the hill. It was pretty steep and an adventure to say the least.

I tried to capture the view from the window of the tram while riding down the hill. You can "kinda" see the slope.

Me at the top of Victoria Peak. Beautiful view of Hong Kong!

Us in front the dock at Aberdeen (home of the "water people").

This little old lady was so tiny and she was very intense when helping people board the boats. All business...no play!

Aberdeen is a little fishing village and all the people pay to doc their "house boats" here. This man is going "home."

We didn't get to eat here. This is the floating restaurant...famous in Hong Kong and to many visitors. Will hopefully eat there some day!

Inside the Sampan. This lady (green shirt) is the driver of the boat.

Here is the little old lady helping people onto the Sampan (boat).



Stanley Market (below) is the famous Hong Kong shopping area. We only had 45 minutes there and I definitely could have stayed longer. Another place we need to return......for sure. They expect shoppers to bargain.......somewhat stressful and difficult while trying to figure the exchange rate = )

I know I'm not too wordy with these posts. I guess the pictures can speak for themselves. More to follow from Vietnam and Thailand.
No comments:
Post a Comment