I'll start off by saying.....yes, I am spending Christmas Eve (when I should be doing the traditional hang out with the family tonight) at the hospital, while Colby is home by himself with our little angels. I try not to feel sorry for myself when I have to spend Christmas at work, but it's still a little difficult at times especially when I am ACROSS THE WORLD. Thanks to my having an incredibly awesome husband, two really cuddly doggies, and some pretty legit friends over here--it's not THAT bad to be away from home for the holidays.
We miss everyone back home so much and really wish we could be spending the holidays with you all, but this will be the last one for a while hopefully. Hopefully we'll be home next year for three years (keeping our fingers crossed).
I started my shift tonight with these guys (the VFW of Okinawa) bringing us some cake. HOW SWEET ARE THEY! I love these little "older gentlemen." So nice of them to think of us!
This year it was mandated (by some crazy woman/friend of mine) that we all put icicle (how do you spell that word) lights up around those walls in front our house. I don't have a picture with me of everyone's house in our cul de sac.....but here is a picture of our house. We all set up our lights (it was mandatory) on the day after Thanksgiving. It came out nicely and I love it almost as much as my little tree!
This is our stairs.........I've been ordered by Loretta to leave up all my decorations until they come visit so she can see.......guess that means she'll be helping me pick them up as well!
We used to have a neighbor that lived next door to us that would make everyone homemade cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning. I hope these live up to those.
Figured I'd post a picture of our doggies (since there is one of Maddie). The extra Italian Greyhound (the one with the solid grey head) is Sachio. We watched him last week while his owners were away on vacation. He is one of Lester's litter mates. We contemplated taking him and letting him be a part of our family, but decided that probably would not be the best idea. He is a sweet man though. Merry Christmas, from Chili Dog and Lester.
This picture does NOT do this justice....but this is my bread pudding I made this week (White Chocolate Eggnog sauce). It was sooooooo good. I couldn't believe I made it, but it will definitely be done again someday!
Sorry this is side-ways. Some people received homemade cards this year for Christmas. These are them. I have a neighbor who is a HUGE scrapbooker so she helped of course, but I loved the way they came out.

Merry Christmas to everyone again!! We wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year as well..........now if my darn Christmas packages would just make it to their designated people already, I'd be a happy girl!!!! UGH......USPS....I AM NOT YOUR FRIEND!!!
**sorry everyone who will get a late Christmas gift....it is the P.O.'s fault because I mailed them before the deadline on December 6th!!**
Much LOVE,
Colby, Maggie, Chili & Lester
No comments:
Post a Comment