skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Bikes + Marini's = Fun
Hello Everyone!!!! Well.......Colby and I decided to stay home last night (Easter Saturday) because we had a big day planned with the neighbors for Easter Sunday. Colby spent most of the day making and preparing his jambalya and deboning the turkey, etc for the Turducken (more to follow one this later). Anyway....it was about 2030 (8:30 pm for all you non-military folks) and Colby was ready for bed. I begged him to stay up with me and watch a movie, but there was NO convincing him of that idea. I did manage however to get him to help me stuff the Easter eggs for the 'hunt' for the kids. After the eggs were stuff, I took Chili out to 'potty' and our neighbors Kristin and Mark were just getting home from a Birthday party. To make a long story short............................they somehow managed to convince my husband to go for a bike ride to a local Martini bar, Niche, for ONE drink!
Shortly after the invite, Colby was outside putting air in our tires. Niche here we come! We had never been there before, but the drinks sure are yummy.
I just like the picture above.......I was able to capture my drink, his drink, the name of the bar, and the pretzels that I almost completely finished while sitting at the bar!!!!! Dad, I'll let you guess what is in Colby's glass............................................................don't cheat.........
Yep...............Oban!! The infamous Oban! Those of you who don't know, my dad recently discovered this Scotch (I believe) on his recent travels to Scotland with his golf buddies. Colby saw it at the bar and asked for it....."on the rocks, please." So, Dad, I guess we'll have to take you there when you come back!
This is our neighbors.................bad influences....................Mark and Kristin!! We love them!! They are the other couple in the neighborhood with NO kiddos yet!! Mark used to work at Balboa in San Diego when Colby was there and Kristin is a Math teacher at one of the high schools here!
I
posted this picture, Mom...for you. You aren't the only one who can't keep your drink INSIDE martini glass!
No comments:
Post a Comment