Anyway........ So apparently Karaoke is a BIG deal in Japan. The Japanese LOVE their karaoke bars. I will admit....I perfer the Cat's Meow...but this is definitely a different take on the 'idea.' So there is a big screen TV and a remote control with a book that allows you to pick your songs. Then the songs appear on the screen and there are some weird Japanese videos that play in the background. Subtitles are in English AND Japanese. The speakers are LOUD and pretty good quality for such a small room. Might I add.....there is also a small phone you can pick up and order drinks and food that are served directly to the room. I'm not sure how much it costs...but it is by the hour.
Ram (one of our nurses), Me, and Schwartz (one of our corpsman). We were very sqooshed on the benches. I think we had about 12 people or more in one room.
This is the other side of the room. I couldn't get a full view of everyone! Horton, Wangler, Katie, Danielle, and Melinda.
Well....I know it has been a while, and I DO apologize for that. Things have been less than exciting lately in Okinawa. Colby went to San Diego a few weeks ago for a conference (during the earthquake and tsunami warning). Then when he returned we both worked opposite schedules on night shift so we did not do very much on our days off.....we barely saw each other.
Colby goes back to day shift on Monday and I started day shift last week, so hopefully our lives will get a little more exciting and we'll have a few more things to blog about.
Also, as many of you may already know......I have started my Master's degree online and am on my second class already. This also has taken up a great deal of my "extra" time.
I'll admit......I'm blogging now to avoid writing a paper......sorry Mom and Dad.
Hope all is well.......I have a few more topics to blog...........
No comments:
Post a Comment