So here is a few pictures from over the last couple months..........and I'll probably have another blog to follow.
A short while ago we had a Black and White semi-formal for the command. It was a "hail and farewell." I've learned since being here these events are the Navy's way of saying "hello" to the newcomers and "goodbye" to the those who are leaving to go to another duty station. They are actually very fun gatherings. A great place to get to know people. This one was a little nicer than the one we had when we got here.
This reminds me of a recent conversation he and I had over ice cream at the Big Dip. Colby: "I would not have believed if 5 years ago someone would have said I'd be living in Japan." Maggie: "and would you have believed if they would have told you, You'd be married to a Vandebilt girl?" Colby: "NO WAY!"
Hahaha well..................................now he is wearing sweaters! Need I say more?
Below is a picture of all but a couple of my potted plants in my back yard. This is a little old and does not represent how big my hibiscus are now. I'll post an updated picture later (for my mother mainly....I know she is the only one interested).

This little flower bed was totally dug up by my husband. Totally sweet of him...and mostly his idea. I think this was his way of telling me to "Stop buying more pots!!!"

This restaurant is totally cool. It is a HUGE barrel and the food isn't bad inside surprisingly. It will be a new place we take our guest!

As for an update on our lives. Well...............We are both working nights right now, so our sleeping patterns are all messed up. I am taking a break from school until August. It has been nice!!
This little flower bed was totally dug up by my husband. Totally sweet of him...and mostly his idea. I think this was his way of telling me to "Stop buying more pots!!!"
This restaurant is totally cool. It is a HUGE barrel and the food isn't bad inside surprisingly. It will be a new place we take our guest!
As for an update on our lives. Well...............We are both working nights right now, so our sleeping patterns are all messed up. I am taking a break from school until August. It has been nice!!
This weekend we are going back to Okuma ( a military camp ground with many activities) north on the island.
The beginning of August we are going to Tokyo for 4 days. Colby is planning to take his Psych certification exam (similar to the one he and I took for critical care before we left San Diego). The Navy gives bonuses to those who take and pass these tests. Only problem, he is not working in the ICU so he can not get his bonus for his CCRN (critical care certification). Therefore, he is taking the psych test and it is only offered on mainland, so we are planning a little trip out of it.
Our big cruise in October is coming together...we can't wait for that!!
AND.............JANNELL IS COMING VISIT WITHIN A COUPLE WEEKS.....HOPEFULLY!!! We can't wait to see her!!!
Take care everyone! I have more pictures to post................
Take care everyone! I have more pictures to post................
No comments:
Post a Comment