Monday, 5 July 2010

I'm proud to be an American...

Happy 4th of July everyone!!! I'm a little late....I know....but we worked the entire weekend and slept through the entire day on the 4th. Here are a few more updated pictures. Hopefully I'll be more on the ball with posting...................I'll work on it!

A couple weeks ago, the neighborhood ladies went to a resort for the weekend for Marty (short hair, back right) and Nerissa's (turquoise dress) birthdays. We had a good time....eating out, lying by the pool, and playing games. Below is a picture of Colby's latest Bamboo Arts and Crafts project!! This is his second bamboo craft project. The first being the light from a previous blog entry! I need a trellis for my bouganvillia......Colby to the rescue. My bouganvillia is growing like a weed and was not cutting it in the front of my house b/c it was not getting enough sun. Solution...............below!

We went to Okinawa world. There is everything Okinawa there........including a HUGE limestone cave with stalagmytes and stalagtites.....it was the coolest thing.........
Below is us with the Docto Fish. We laughed until we cried (me at least) when we first put our feet in. What a WEIRD feeling. These little "minows" eat the dead skin off your feet. I didn't notice much of a difference, but it was an experience to say the least.

Colby is standing in front of one of the largest stalagmytes in the world I believe. It formed a sort of "bowl".......all filled with water.....Pretty impressive.










I'm just realizing I posted all the pictures of him.........................haha...he makes a better model....







The Okinawans are really good with making figures out of potted plants......they have these sorts of things at the acquarium as well. They are really good at manicuring plants, etc.........except the ones growing on the sides of the roads (looks like a jungle some places).




Me and my new found love for the HIBISCUS!



The below two pictures are of us going on one night with a group of friends. Of course they are not in order and I have a few in between. This is the first picture of the night and the last picture of the night. Can you guess which is which?
My husband....................one of a kind. I have NO IDEA what he is doing......and NEITHER DOES HE!
This was at a karaoke bar and he is not singing..........................













Katy (L&D Navy Nurse), Colby, myself, Chip/George (med surg Navy nurse..used to work in psych with Colby in San Diego), Kat (ICU Navy nurse...worked with Colby in San Diego and with me now), Melody (Civilian wife ...like me...works with me), and her husband Brian (Air Force). This was at the officers club on Kadena Air base.
This venue is rather entertaining...........................you will see MANY guys in flight suits at 10 o'clock at night. (Like Top Gun or somthing). You swear the air force guys get off work and go put on their flights suits to go out to "hit on" girls. Its really entertaining/pathetic to watch. We go for the good dance music!!
Well I hope all is well with everyone. I will hopefully have some pictures from our trip to Okuma this weekend and I will post as soon as we get back!
Love and miss you all......and We hope to see you all for Christmas!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment