Sunday, 30 January 2011

Cruising Around Southeast Asia Part VI - Ko Samui, Thailand

It has been quite some time, but I really need to finish this blogging from our cruise so I can blog on Okinawa things. I will do Thailand in two parts because I have a great deal of pictures from Bangkok.
Anyway, the pictures were taken in Ko Samui. Ko Samui is a resort island off the coast of Thailand. It was very tropical...much like Okinawa. We did a 4WD "island safari." We were able to ride an elephant, get pulled by an ox wagon, see a beautiful waterfall, and hang out with monkeys. This is the town area of the island.
Our jeep. This is not what we had in mind when we read 4WD tour, but it was fun nontheless. We had a driver and rode around with two other (older) couples.







Oh I almost forgot..... We went to a rubber factory on the island. This was pretty cool to see the demonstrations of tapping into the rubber trees.

They are placing the rubber into bins to set and harden.

I THINK THIS IS THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE TRIP!!! MONKEY ON MY LAP!!!
They trained monkeys to climb up trees to get the coconuts out the tree. AND to lift weights, and play basketball, and ride a tricycle.
An elephant trained to sit Indian style...........who knew.

Elephant playing basketball with a soccer ball.

They asked for volunteers.......no thank you!
Ox drawn carriage.........was a very rough ride. Too rough! We were happy when it was over, but it made a good picture.

Water buffalo....in the mud.

Elephant ride like the Audabon zoo!!
Below is a necklace made for us by the guide for the elephant rides. He made it while we were riding out of palm leaves. I had a ring as well, but I forgot to take a picture.


Hope you enjoyed........................................MORE TO COME!

No comments:

Post a Comment