First I'd like to apologize for NOT posting anything to this blog for a year or so. I'm not really sure why or how this past year passed us so quickly, but it SURE DID! Anyway, I'd like to blame it on being busy (which partly is the reason), but mostly I'd say I've just been lazy & Colby...well, he doesn't care about the blog so much ....**smiles**
So I promise (to myself mostly) that I'll attempt to post more often. I've recently bought a new laptop so it has put a fire under my "you know what" and peaked my interest in uploading pictures and such.
Over the last year we have done MANY things. Work, Colby transitioned to Night NOD (nurse of the day), I decided to work straight nights, we acquired a new little puppy, & I've continued to do my Master's online. I can't say I've taken A LOT of photos, but I do have a few to share. I'll post a few (an overview) now and I'll elaborate on some later.
So here is just a "TEASER" if you will of what we've been up to:
We purchased this little guy on the left.... a friend for life for Chili dog! We named him Lester after our base. Since we do live AND work here!
Naha Tug-o-War. This is the only year we'll be able to go probably. We missed the first year b/c we had just gotten to the island and the 2nd we were on the cruise.
Orchids!!! MY FAVORITE @ Bios on the Hill.
We slept at the hospital for a typhoon. Fun stuff! Sleeping in patient rooms...just like back home~
We made Shisas and went eat pizza. It was a tour & so much fun!
Went to Hawaii.........oh and took an incredible helicopter ride around the big island. We got to meet up with my mom and dad...did some golfing and shopping!
Celebrated the RED, WHITE, & BLUE!
We went on a really fun (bumpy) deep sea fishing trip!
Met the parents again (including Jannell) in San Diego! I made them take this pic...haha.
This is a castle ruins and Colby felt the need to channel his inner "Daniel-san."
Acting like kids!
Cookie exchange...Christmas 2010 (so old...I know!)These of course are NOT in the correct order........not my fault anymore.....
So I guess you can sum our time here as such: The first year was exciting and new, the 2nd we became "settled" and did a great deal of "local" things, and now beginning the 3rd year (as of the 13th of October) we are trying to soak it all up. I'm sure this last year will go by so fast. We will miss so many things; the food, the awesome pedicures, my easy job, the cheap gift shops, & the incredible friends we've made. They are truly like no other & we will miss them so much!
2 YEARS DOWN....1 TO GO!
xoxo
Maggie
No comments:
Post a Comment