Monday, 31 October 2011

Happy Halloween from Okinawa

Hello Everyone. I don't think I've managed to get any pictures of us this year for Halloween, but I got a few of the doggies and their hats I found in the cabinet. Halloween here is CRAZY. There are so many children who come Trick-or-Treat on base. Military families who live off base come on base and locals are allowed to come on base as well if signed in by a SOFA (status of forces agreement) status person. We believe we had AT LEAST 400 children come by this year. Colby was sleeping because he had to work tonight and so was another husband in the cul de sac...so we decided to set up a table in the middle of the parking lot and hand out candy. We set up our terra-cotta pumpkins and all handed out candy after indulging in (my favorite Halloween meal) hot dogs, fritos, and chili!!! YUM YUM YUM! Here are just a few pics to share....

This our friends Colleen and Chris Blosser's kids (Chase & Addison). She didn't have a camera with a flash so I took pics of her kids for her!
Here is our table of candy!
The children of the cul de sac.
Lester DID NOT like his devil ears! He kept trying to get them off!
Olivia (sweet little witch) and our Chili dog witch.
Chili and Lester....how appropriate.

Before it got dark.
Each of us have at least 2 of these pumpkins we paid $6 for at the gift shop!! Aren't they cute!
Much love!! Happy Halloween to you all in the states!!

xoxo
Maggie

1 comment: