Monday, 20 February 2012

A MUST Share!

As I was reading through my emails yesterday, I came across an unread message from Julie (my sister in law) titled "The story behind this cheesy grin." For some reason, I didn't even have to open the email to know the "grin" would belong to the one and only Aaron Joseph. As I read her words, I couldn't help but laugh and appreciate the humor in her words because Aaron is indeed a special boy and the grin is very appropriate for the situation and his personality.

Julie has been in our lives for quite some time now and her ability to tell stories is something I've come to appreciate. Her humor is refreshing (for lack of a better word) and she is so much fun to be around. Because of her gift of story telling (I think she should have a blog), I am just going to cut and paste her email here for you to read for yourself the little piece of joy Julie gave to me yesterday from all the way across the world.

Yes, I did get her permission to post this!

So in cubscouts kids race a car every year in the pinewood derby. Scouts are issued a block of wood and parent and child are expected to make it into a car.
Long story short, Cade was in trial when the "woodshop workshop" took place, so all we had was a block of wood. He said not to worry, he would find a carpenter (b/c a jigsaw or circular saw was needed and we all know we don't own one and wouldn't know what to do w/one if we did) to cut the wood into a car shape.
Fast forward 2 wks. Cade is involved in another trial and it's 2 days before derby. I go to hobby lobby and happen upon some "precut boy scout approved" wooden cars. I buy one knowing Cade has not had time to find carpenter. I pick out weights and a variety of paint.
Cade comes home, we let Aaron pick out weights that he thinks "looks good" and he paints it, names it "the honey badger" and we are done in 30 min.
Again, fast forward to race day. Aaron not only wins his age division, but he beats EVERYONE in the whole school, including 6th graders. Even better, his race time sets a new SCHOOL RECORD by .5 seconds!!!
I was unable to attend the race b/c Rein had a b'day party to attend. But Aaron called crazy excited.
Another dad told me this week that as races went on, Cade originally stood in front, beaming/laughing. But as Aaron continued to spank the competition, Cade grew quiet and was further and further in the back of the crowd.
SO FUNNY!
One engineer dad was actually PO'd wanting to know what Cade did b/c he and his kid spent 2 whole days working on his car!!
So, what is moral here? Cutting corners and last minute preparations wins the race?!
He is off to the district derby representing his school! GOD help us.
One trophy for winning age group, larger for winning best overall.
Hilarious!!
xoxo
Looking good, Aaron! Good luck on your next competition!

No comments:

Post a Comment