Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Nurse of the Year 2011

Guess who received the honor of Junior Nurse Corps officer of the YEAR at the United States Naval Hospital-Okinawa?

Yes....indeed....MY husband!!

Saying that I am so PROUD is an understatement. He deserves it so much & I'm not just saying that because I'm his wife. It is so nice to see that others have recognized the good he has done in the last year at the hospital.

About a year ago he was transferred from the inpatient mental health ward to carry out the duties of the Nurse of the Day (NOD), or nursing supervisor, at night. He's been working Monday-Friday 2300-0700, which has proven to be both a positive and a negative aspect of the job.

I won't boast and go on and on about how awesome he is at this job.....I'll just let the award speak for itself!

Here are a few photos from the award ceremony/lunch with the Commanding Officer (CO) of the hospital. I made sure I was able to attend in order to get some pictures.













Job well done, babe. I think you've set a high standard as to what the NOD should be. You are fair, non-biased (even for your wife while she is at work), a great problem solver, & always stay involved and help out the units who need your assistance the most without being asked. I don't think the DNS regrets her decision one bit to allow a Junior Officer to hold your position (which is usually held by someone higher ranking).

I love you and I'm so happy for you, despite your humble opinion of it all. I know deep down inside your pretty pumped about it too!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment