I was fortunate to spend some time home this past month to get a few things accomplished before the arrival of baby O'Quin.
I met up with my dear friend, Kristin in San Francisco and got to meet Colby and I's godchild, Drew! He is so freaking precious and GOOD!
Drew (the "love muscle" as Colby calls him) has traveled so much for a 4 month old and his behavior shows it. He just came all over San Fran with Kristin and I and was so sweet. Colby and I gave him the little alligator to remind him of us Louisiana folks.
After setting up my registry and doing some car shopping with Kristin and Drew, I headed home for five days.
Isla Rose has just turned TWO and she is so grown up since the last time I saw her (at 6mths). She is talking so much and I tried to steal as many hugs and kisses as possible from her while I was home.
This is her opening her Birthday gifts...... Baby Stella... and MANY accesories!
I think I had at last THREE snowballs when I was home. It was so hot and we just don't get them in Okinawa. I was able to take all the nieces and nephews to get one before our shrimp boil and fish fry at Loretta and Eddie's.
Yummy! This is all of us with our snowballs.
Julia, me (not sure why I chose this one...everyone else looks good at least), Rein, Cade, Aaron, Cameron, Vanessa, and Isla.
My two nieces... Isla Rose and Julia Claire!
YUM! I can't wait to get this to eat whenever I want come October!
Boiled Shrimp and fresh fried fish and french fries (Thank you, Uncle Ronnie for the fish!)
It was Jeff's Birthday the following week so we celebrated with COOKIE CAKE.....another thing I miss terribly while here!
A competitive softball game ensued in the neighbors yard (like old times). The game turned into foot races later.
Aaron, Cade and Julia Claire slept over that night. I was able to snap a good shot of Aaron (and his morning hair). He was trying to run away from me!
At Isla's birthday party (at a gymnastics gym), Cade pushed Jeff in the pit when he wasn't expecting it. I shot this pic of Jeff later trying to get Cade back.
This reminds me of my childhood for sure!
My grandma Rosie makes the best bread and butter pickles. Jeff has ALWAYS gone to her fridge when we go visit to get himself a bowl of them. Looks like Isla has taken after her father and likes them too!
Just about EIGHT weeks left here in Okinawa and we'll be homeward bound!
Looking forward to many more times with our family and friends!
xoxo
Maggie

No comments:
Post a Comment