Sunday, 26 August 2012

Typhoon Bolaven

Well... looks like this typhoon is going to last longer than we had hoped. 
Colby and I are both safe and sound at the hospital... I'm working nights and Colby is working days/nights (with sleeping). The doggies are at my neighbors and I'm sure they are sleeping just fine under some covers.

The first half of the storm was rather slow and not much to speak of then of course around the eye and the back part (right side) after the eye...b/c it is HUGE... is hanging out over us (the little bump in the road) and I'm sure won't be completely gone any time soon.  It is said to be 600 miles wide... and they don't really dissipate as they do when they hit us in Louisiana.

I thought I'd post a picture of how massive it is in comparison to us while I still have access to a good one.  My blog unfortunately has cut off part of the tail end. 

It is now 0520 27Aug2012 in Okinawa and we won't be leaving until the "all clear."  Looks like we both might be working another shift.

Much love to all of you back home and thanks for keeping us in your prayers!! 
Concrete bunkers (our houses/hospital) is WAY different than brick homes back home...but not boarding up windows is a little "odd" for us, I must say.

Thinking of all of you and the upcoming Isaac!!  This definitely won't be our last storm...just hoping its my last one in a hospital for a while!! 

xoxo
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment