This weekend hasn't necessarily been "busy," but there were a few events I must mention.
Toward the end of this past week, I started to feel "bored" and impatient.
All my Christmas shopping is complete, house is clean, nothing to do but wait for Baby O'Quin to arrive.....
Started to feel useless....tried to just relax and rest....because that is what everyone is telling me to do.
I tried!
Friday night after Colby got home from work we went eat at Christiano's. It was SO GOOD! Probably one of the best dinners we have had since we've been back. I really didn't want to go anywhere that nice because I had ZERO makeup on and literally took off yoga pants and put on jeans and boots to "dress myself up" before we left.
Worked out well despite my looks because they sat us outside in the dark more or less with dim lights and heaters outside because it was a little cold that night.
Reminded us a little of San Diego dinners.
Colby drank almost an entire bottle of wine while there........YES I WAS JEALOUS! Only a few more days for his built in designated driver, plus it's his birthday weekend......
Saturday (yesterday) was Colby's 29th birthday. He went play a round of golf with my father then had lunch with my parents and myself at Ellendale (the country club they play golf).
We later had dinner at Chateau de Bayou down the bayou where Colby is from.....we were fortunate to spend some time with my parents, Ms. Jannell, her friend, Casey and Sqeak, and my cousin Kelly and her husband, Kent. We had a good time despite my hot flashes and my (I think) small contractions and back pain that thankfully went away.
Here is a picture from last night...taken with iPhone...not the best quality.
39 weeks plus 4 days
Colby is 29~
Today was Loretta and Eddie's (my mom and dad) 36 wedding anniversary.
We were invited over for pancakes (my grandmother Maggie's famous recipe)......
and ..... we might have overstayed our welcome.....
We ended up spending the entire day with them..... complete with a full pedicure..... a SAINTS victory..... and some sushi for dinner!
This is my mother and her pedicure attire!!
haha
I almost peed on myself laughing!
On a serious note..... I just needed a polish change on my toes...
So I asked if she'd paint them for me.
She ended up taking out the foot soaker bath, filed my toenails, scrubbed my feet, and even massaged my feet and legs with lotion!! She is such a good mother!!
I told her when I'm no longer 40lbs overweight, I'll return the favor!!
Love you, mom! Thank you!! My feet look fabulous for delivery of your #5 grand baby!
Tomorrow I have an appointment with Dr. Sanders (my OB) at 11:15a.m. The plan is...if I do not go into labor before tomorrow night, I will be induced...
Looks like I'll likely have a due date baby...December 18th.
We'll see!!
Much love to all of you!!
Happy Birthday to the best husband in the world!!
and
Happy Anniversary to the best parents in the world!!
I love you all so much!
xoxo
Maggie
Happy Birthday Colby & Happy Anniversary to your amazing parents! I can not wait to hear all about this sweet little O'Quin babe! Love you!!!
ReplyDelete