People keep telling me I should take advantage of the last few days I have without a brand new baby, but the truth is I think we are ready and I'm starting to get slightly impatient despite how quickly the days are going by.
Today I am 39 weeks exactly.
Had my appointment yesterday....the plan is to induce me next Monday if there is no baby before then.
In the meantime I am shopping, wrapping presents, cleaning house, and learning to SEW!
My mom has taught me how to use the sewing machine and I can't say I've followed any really difficult patterns yet, but I have made two (Christmas) blankets and some Christmas burps.
The first blanket I made was for Baby O'Quin....Can't do gifts until I can check out the results.
I was doing this on December 7, 2012...the same day my friend Amanda Luna was having her baby over in Okinawa. I felt like I had to be productive too that day!
She and I found out we were pregnant on the same day....she was due a week before me...hoping I'm not far behind her with my delivery.
Anyway.....
This is my first one with two burps to match.
Here is the 2nd one I made....
This burp I made with the scraps so I sewed them together then onto the burp.
With RED minky dot on the back.
Here is the recipient of my 2nd blanket. I knew he wouldn't be TOO critical of my crooked edges and I know how much his mother LOVES Christmas...so he HAD to have a Christmas blanket too!
I think he likes it!
Meet Colby and I's godchild, Drew!!!
Colby calls him "the love muscle".....ISN'T HE PRECIOUS!
His father is a surgery resident....(we met them in Okinawa)...gotta love his Dr. gear he wore for his 9 month check up!
I'll be making more I'm sure.....you can put your orders in now (*smiles*).
I'll try to take a belly pic today when Colby gets home to post....so ya'll can see how big my belly is at 39 weeks.
The one above is pretty close & I may or may not be wearing those same pants today! They are THE MOST COMFORTABLE ONES I HAVE!
xoxo
Maggie
No comments:
Post a Comment