I can't say I've had a HUGE burst of energy all of a sudden, but I have been on the move trying to get things done since we've moved back.
Thank the Lord I have a husband who is willing to do "honey-dos" around the house and do things to help prepare for the baby.....especially now that I'm getting increasingly more and more uncomfortable and unable to do things I normally would do myself.
Today we had a free day and still needed to put the car seat in the car, set up the baby monitor and straighten out a few things in the nursery.
Here are a few pics of our "readiness."
My dear friend Amanda Luna told me I needed a baby book to jot things down in the hospital.
I'm so glad I listened to her because I found this one at Books-a-Million and it is awesome!
This is our room with our Japanese crib in it! I LOVE THIS THING! I paid a pretty penny (or yen) for it but I had it custom made and the guy barely spoke any English. It came out so good. It rocks and it should even be plenty big enough for our (we think) big baby!
Ignore my poor bed making skills.
Today Colby set up the baby monitor. Check out this ingenuity. It took us a little time to figure out the best placement. Mounted on the wall it is.
See...you can barely see it next to the curtain.
Here is a picture of the nursery. I'm not sure why I haven't posted any pictures yet. Look how pretty the bedding is......made with love by Loretta (Mimi..as the baby will call her).
Even though she cursed me the entire time she made it.....it came out AWESOME!
Colby has even stuffed the diaper holder she made already.
Here is a picture of Colby mounting the monitor.
Finally.....BAGS ARE PACKED....mine and baby.
There is a list of things for Colby to grab last minute if I'm not in any state to help.
Love these lanterns. I found them in Okinawa (of course) at the gift shop.
I saw some at Hobby Lobby recently for $50. These were maybe $10!!
Closet packed with stuff......including BASKETS (Colby hates that I bought so many baskets in Okinawa). Already putting them to use though!
We were waiting on our seat protector since we bought a new car....so now the car seat is in its position.
Ready...any time you are, baby O'Quin!
XOXOXO
Maggie









No comments:
Post a Comment