Sunday, 29 November 2009

Colby has outdone himself again......

I think the entire world should see this.......................... I even went get the neighbors to check it out after he was finished.



So everyone can get an appreciation for this light.....I'll let you know how it all started.
We USED TO have a circular (not so attractive) flourescent light above our kitchen table. With the exception of the lights in the laundry room and kitchen, this is just about the only room in the house with a light in it. (We had to buy lamps for the living room and bedrooms)
Anyway--every since we moved into our "bomb shelter" house, Colby has despised the light. "It is ugly and I want to change it." So every time he got a chance he mentioned it and we looked for lights everywhere to change it to. All of the ones we would find were a little too pricey for our not permanent home. So he decided to embark in an "arts and crafts" project. It took him a couple days and a few trips to the "Do it yourself" store and this is what he came up with!!!
I have never seen him so pationate about something like a light. Since when does he care abou things like this......I have no idea. I laughed a few times when he'd mention it and I laughed a few times while he was making it b/c I could not believe his efforts!! He completely cut the bamboo in pieces with a little saw rewired both lights, and made the top part so that you couldnt see the hole in the cieling from the prior "ugly" light. It is more involved than I can describe on here......but you get the idea.
All that being said...................I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! .......he did a great job and I sure am glad he was passionate about it b/c it makes our home look just a little bit nicer!



Happy Holidays to Everyone!!!!!!
XOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment