Wednesday, 4 November 2009

A Few more Pictures!!!

Hello Everyone!!!!
Here are a few more pictures to share with all of you!!! This is the front of our cement home!! We didn't realize the importance of the cement structures until the nights when it was VERY windy outside and the we could only hear that wind "slightly!" We are on the end of a group of four "condos." Almost like our house in Houma.....just not quite as nice! It is a little nice that we have a tree in the front, but there are no other plants/flowers...which hopefully I will change soon!! The wall you see on the right is just a wall that blocks a little area where are garbage is kept and the air conditioner compressor. There is also another door behind there that goes into our laundry room!
This is where you turn right into our neighborhood. We live in "Old Lester" as they call it! Camp Lester is the name of the base we live on! It also houses the hospital. I took this picture from the car and the hospital is on my left!

This is Colby cleaning the kitchen!! He is MUCH better at it than me!! This is our kitchen....wood counter tops and white appliances! I believe all our appliances are brand new. The door way I'm standing in is blocking the view of the fridge and a small portion of the counter, but the kitchen isn't all that big...as you can tell!!


This is the hospital! US Naval Hospital Okinawa!!! This is a view right out of the gate! I'll take a closer one later....but I wanted you to get the idea of how big/small it was!


Hahahaha this makes me laugh! This is us in the DIY store! We were looking for a "small" desk to put our computer on in the living room, that would match our furniture when we got it in. This is what we found! How cute!!! We figured we should embrace the Japanese culture even in our home and sit on the floor with these little floor desk! We did not buy it yet....we plan to go back when we get our other furniture! For now we are using the government computer desk!
Well all is well with us as of now! My not working is a little annoying when I want to go buy something, but it is definately a learning experience! The downstairs toilet almost overflowed today, so I remembered what I learned from my mother one day and I hurried to turn off the water at the bottom. Not sure if it worked or I just got lucky. Then I got off base...drove all by myself....on the right side of the van and left side of the road without by husband with me! Went to the grocery store and cooked dinner.
Sooooooooo I guess this place is growing on me!!
Got to go....Colby is ready for dinner!!
Miss all of you so much!!
Keep in Touch!!!
Maggie




No comments:

Post a Comment