
Well well.........we decided we needed to make our home look a little more "homelike" so we went to the local "monkey store".....(it has a big monkey on the sign) It is basically a cross between Lowes and Target or something. They had all kinds of flowers to chose from including orchids. BEAUTIFUL orchids. Not orchids like we are used to seeing in the states that are one stem or have one root system. It is about 10 stems in one pot with a large root system for about 100 bux a piece!! They were gorgeous and if I had more faith in my flower abilities I would have really made Colby buy one...but I was/am pretty certain I'd kill it pretty quickly! So we decided on the flowers we were familiar with the most. I think of the climate here as very similar to Louisiana.....rainy,sunny, hot, humid...all at sporatic times....well thats been the case so far!! Hopefully our flowers will last somewhat of a decent amount of time!
The plan is for this bouganvilla (spelling) climbs up this hideous wall thingy on the side of our front door....We shall see!!
We bought these little planters at the "monkey store" b/c we knew we probably couldn't dig in this area. I dont believe the ground underneath is conducive to digging at all. So we chose to place these planters on the ground and surround them with rocks....not the cheapest route.....but it worked!!


Colby is sweeping the pineneedles from this tree off our sidewalk. They are everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This I suppose is the best view of all our little flowers!
Hope I make my mother proud and keep them all alive!!!! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment