Sunday, 28 April 2013

Lincoln's Baptism

 We baptized Lincoln last Sunday April 21, 2013. 

He was such a good boy. 

He slept through the mass before and woke up just in time to stay awake for the entire Baptism.

He is such a sweet man.

As many of you already know....

Lincoln wore my father's baptismal gown which is now over 60 years old. It was hand-made (no sewing machine at all) for him when he was a baby. My grandmother Rosie kept it all these years and it has been worn by many people in my family. It is GORGEOUS!  Even the embroidery on it was done by hand. There is a slip under it that is just as pretty as the gown.

He couldn't wear the bonnets (there are two) because they were too small for his head. 
I don't think he has a big head necessarily.....it is just that he is 4 months old for his Baptism instead of the usual 2 or so that most people do.


He started to whine only a little bit toward the end of pouring the water on his head. 
I'm sure it is because it isn't warm like he's used to in the bath.

Nan Ju and Parain Beau in the background.



Lincoln and I.


Daddy and Lincoln. 


My dad/Poppy (Eddie), my mother/Meme (Loretta), us and Colby's mom/Granny (Jannell).


Godparents.
Beau (Colby's brother) & Julie (my oldest brother's wife).


Grandmaw Rosie.
I need to comment that I went over to her house the week before to get the gown from her out of her cedar chest. 
It was quite a fun time...... she and I couldn't get the cedar chest open.
We looked EVERYWHERE for a key because we thought it was locked....we called my Aunt Sally..... my mom (for ideas).... my mom called my dad....Maw Maw and I sat on it and tried over and over to open it....
My dad and I ended up having to unscrew the back of it at the hinges to get into it.
My grandmother could not believe that was the only way in it.
There was a blanket stuck in the lock.

(**smiles**)


Father Andre' is one of my good friend's younger brother. I pretty much begged him to be a part of our day.  He obliged. I was happy about that.


Lincoln's cousins that were able to make it. 
Jax (Beau's & Allison's son) & Julia (Cade and Julie's daughter).


Uncle Ed (Colby's godfather) and Aunt Tammy (Ms. Jannell's sister).


My Nanny's (godmother's) family (minus Mac).
Evan, us, Nanny, and Coach Brian.


The Gown & Lincoln.

Pictures really don't do it justice.




Yummy cake...

God Bless, Lincoln Pierre.


XOXO
ME


No comments:

Post a Comment