Well.... as many of you know, Colby and I went for a two night stay at one of the neighboring islands to Okinawa. Okinawa is the largest in the Ryuku island chain (hmmmm actually I'm not sure that is correct...I don't know if mainland Japan is considered to be part of the chain?)....Anywho....
We went to Ishigaki island for two nights this week to celebrate our 4 year anniversary and to take a little trip before we leave Okinawa next month!
My primary goal was to relax and go see some black pearls.
I did both!
Our first day at the resort, we decided to just go sit out on the beach and relax. Those of you who don't know him very well.....Colby can NOT relax as well as I can. Seems odd right? Since he is the laid back one of the relationship? WIERDO!
So.... while I sat on the beach (with my feet up under an umbrella)....he decided to do some water activities.
He opted for the windsurfing idea.
This literally made me LOL because he (although mostly true) thinks he can do ANYTHING and was talking so much trash about the others doing it before him. Needless to say he was no PRO. He did (after he got his board fixed with the help of one of the workers) do pretty well. Better than I would have at least.
By the way.....they MADE him wear a life jacket despite the lack of waves, current, wind, etc.
This is a picture of Kabira Bay.
Kabira Bay is the location of the original perfected black pearl IN THE WORLD.
They still make pearls there to this day.
Of course I had to see for myself (*smiles*).
It is so GORGEOUS!
This is the actual day of our 4 year anniversary (September 12th in Japan). I technically don't consider it my anniversary until it turns the 12th in the states.....but that is another discussion (sorry, Colby....had to bring it up).
My dad said we look like "honeymooners."
I do love him just as much as I did that day at that beautiful winery in Temecula, CA.
xoxo
We did a glass bottom boat tour at Kabira Bay.
It was us and 3 Japanese people. The only thing we said to them the entire time was "NEMO" because they were saying it first! HA
Exactly 26 Weeks pregnant on this day too. THE BELLY is growing and I'm starting to feel uncomfortable.
I don't need an excuse (normally) to get a massage, but my back has been hurting like HECK lately! I am more comfortable standing than sitting and lying down helps, but thank the Lord I bought a body pillow.
These are the two ladies we bought the black pearls from. Colby bought me a pair of ear rings. They were a little bigger than I had planned, but they didn't really have too many small ones and the ones that were smaller (size I had planned) Colby didn't like b/c they were more "greenish" instead of black and Colby thought we should get black because "it is not the home of green pearl" (in his words).
These ladies barely spoke any English.....but we spoke the same language.....jewelry!
They just kept laughing at my saying "hai."
Those of you who don't know....."hai" means "yes."
I'm sure I'll be telling Americans that when I'm back in the states....can't help it.
I only took a picture of the bathroom sign thingy because the urinary frequency has returned....Thank you, Baby O'Quin for now being bigger and pushing on my bladder every time I stand up.
I still love you.
Colby wanted me to get a picture of the airport.
It was super small.
By far the smallest one we've ever been to.
AND......
THERE IS ANOTHER TYPHOON supposed to hit Okinawa tonight.
Typhoon Sanba is supposed to be at it's worst tonight.
It is 6:30pm now and just getting light rain and wind.
I can't wait to go home and NOT get away from them (kidding).
28 DAYS until our (supposed) flight back home!
xoxo
Maggie
(I need to figure out how to do a pretty signature on my blog)
No comments:
Post a Comment