Monday, 24 September 2012

The Countdown Begins..... things I'll (we'll) miss about Oki

Looks like we only have approximately 2-3 weeks left here on island before we are headed "home sweet home, Louisiana!"

I thought I'd make a blog (or maybe more) dedicated to things we'll miss about this place we've called home for the last three years!

First things first.......the Japanese PEOPLE!!

These are some pictures from my favorite spa on the island....the girls in there all know me by name and are so sweet every time I go there for a massage.

I went today after not going there for about 6 months (b/c it isn't the cheapest place to get a massage) and they were all shocked to see my growing bump.


Everyone gets a little cup of hot ginger tea and a little cut out "something" saying "thank you."  I used to save these....

Today was a leaf.... it hardly feels or looks like Autumn/Fall here, but how cute!



Two of the regular girls I see when I go in there.
(excuse the iPhone pics)



I didn't get a picture of the chef for this picture, but we went to dinner tonight and received a free roll from the sushi chef (the one to the left in the rectangular plate).

He gave us a free roll because Colby brought some man his hat as he was leaving because he left it on the table.  I guess the Japanese chef thought that was a nice gesture.....so he was sweet enough to make us one of their signature rolls (which we had never tried before) and it was SO GOOD!  

He kept saying something to us in Japanese (of course we didn't understand it), but his smile and sweet gesture said enough.


These pictures and sentiments really don't do the people here any justice.  Their customer service is beyond words and they do it all because they want to.  They usually do not accept/want tips (in fact it is frowned upon most places) and they are still MUCH nicer than most people in the states.  
Although people from the South come in a CLOSE second.

More to come.

Time for bed.

Until next time.....
xoxo
Me

4 comments:

  1. Do tell... what is this favorite spa?? I'm always game to try out new spas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jordyn,
      It's calle Supliss in American Village... they are SO NICE!

      Delete
  2. Hey... I thought you couldn't eat raw fish when you are pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Derouen,
      The key is quantity and quality.... but for the record...I try to eat it broiled or cook.... all fish here is VERY fresh though... I won't do it when I'm back home!

      Delete